This advanced course aims to prepare students to take the IELTS test. Whether for academic or immigration purposes, this course will help you achieve your IELTS goal. The main focus of the course is to help students with the four basic skills of English: listening, reading, writing and speaking. Our teachers help students understand IELTS reading articles while teaching them strategies such as skimming, scanning and guessing. In-class writing and speaking activities allow students to get quick feedback on their work, while mock tests and corrections will help them get a sense of their specific weaknesses.
Entry Level: IELTS Equivalency of 5.0
By the end of the program, students will:
- Become familiar with the exam format for IELTS
- Have learnt specific exam taking strategies
- Have practiced the skills necessary to succeed on the IELTS test
- Have practiced taking all parts of the IELTS exam: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Have acquired the language proficiency needed to enroll in a university at the undergraduate or graduate level (Academic Module)
Have acquired the language proficiency needed to migrate to an English-speaking country (General Module).