The key to any business relationship is clear and precise communication. This course is designed as a general introduction to concepts and vocabulary associated with the modern business world. It is mainly a discussion course with a strong emphasis on oral communication.
The course serves two main functions:
1) It prepares students for employment with English being the primary language
2) It increases the general fluency level of the student
The course features articles which will generally be given as homework and discussed the following day in class. The topics will vary widely, but with modern business issues of the day. Examples include customer service, business ethics, free and fair trade, technology and its implications for modern business and a large portion of the session will deal with marketing, both traditional and new approaches.
Entry Level: Upper-Intermediate
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Use analytical skills to better understand business articles
- Prepare and deliver group presentations in a more formal setting
- Improve research and organizational skills
- Intelligently discuss business issues with other students
- Write a professional resume and understand how to succeed in a professional interview
- Gain confidence in using language skills outside of their comfort zone